Membership is open to suitably qualified individuals with a professional interest in, and practical experience of, economic development and analysis.
Those considering membership should try to attend at least one ICEA meeting to familiarise themselves with the Association’s activities.
These meetings also provide opportunities to meet existing members and potential sponsors.
Applications for membership should be sponsored by an existing ICEA member. Applicants are asked to complete the form given below which should be sent, together with a recent CV, to Türhan Donegan, the ICEA’s Secretary.
The annual subscription is £40, with a 50% discount for retired or semi-retired senior citizens, those in full-time education or resident outside the UK whether temporarily or permanently. Applicants will be billed for the subscription after they have been approved by the Committee.
Membership of the ICEA provides:
- Regular discussion meetings led by independent-minded speakers from academia, lending agencies, consultancy firms, the media and other walks of life on a wide range of topics;
- Opportunities for networking with an eclectic group of economists and other professionals;
- A newsletter that is issued once a year;
- An annual, printed, full membership directory;
- Email notification of job opportunities and potential employers;
- Voluntary listing of contact details and curriculum vitae on the Website;
- Occasional survey of members’ interests, activities and fees earned;
- Access to a “Members Only” page of the Website “with password only” ; and
- An annual dinner following the AGM, a Christmas party and other enjoyable social occasions.